- » Online Submissions
- » Author Guidelines
- » Article Requirements
- » Submission Preparation Checklist
- » Privacy Statement
Already have a Username/Password for Archives of Acoustics?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
- At submission time only a PDF file is required. After acceptance, authors must submit all source material (see especially information about Figures). Authors can use their preferred manuscript-preparation software, including for example Microsoft Word or any variant of TeX. The journal itself is produced in LaTeX, so accepted articles prepared using other software will be converted to LaTeX at production time.
- Text should be submitted with double-lined spacing and preferably in a 12 point font size. The text should be in single-column format.
- The title of the paper should be as short as possible.
- Full names and surnames should be given.
- The full postal address of each affiliation, including the country name should be provided. Affiliations should contain the full postal address, as well as an e-mail address of one author designated as corresponding author.
- The text should be preceded by a concise abstract (less than 200 words).
- Keywords should be given. It is also desirable to include a list of notations used in the paper.
- The formulae to be numbered are those referred to in the paper, as well as the final formulae. The formula number should be written on the right-hand side of the formula in round brackets.
- All notations should be written very distinctly. Special care must be taken to write small and capital letters as precisely as possible. Explanations should be given on the margin of the manuscript in case of a special type face.
- Vectors should be denoted by semi-bold type. Trigonometric functions are denoted by sin, cos, tan and cot, inverse trigonometric functions – by arcsin, arccos, arctan and arccot; hyperbolic functions are denoted by sinh, cosh, tanh and coth.
- References in the text (author(s) and year of publication) are to be cited between parentheses.
Items appearing in the reference list should be complete, including surname and the initials of the first name of the author, the full title of the paper/book in English followed by the information on the original paper language. In case of a book, the publisher's name, the place and year of publication should be given. In case of a periodical, the full title of the periodical, consecutive volume number, current issue number, pages, and year of publication should be given; the annual volume number must be semi-bold so as to distinguish it from the current issue number.
All references in the bibliography should be cited in the text, and arranged in alphabetical order by authors' last name. Number them from 1 to n.
For more information on references see the attached file – Instructions for citation and bibliographic references.
- Acknowledgments should be included in a section after the main text, before the references.
- The Word or LaTeX source files of the final version of articles will be requested after acceptance for publication.
Figures must be of publication quality. Each figure should be saved in separate file and captioned and numbered so that it can float. After acceptance, Authors will need to submit the original source files in vector format for all photos, diagrams and graphs in manuscript.
For diagrams and graphs vector EPS or vector PDF files are the most useful (EPS stands for Encapsulated PostScript.). Most drawing and graphing packages (e.g. Mathematica, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, MATLAB) allow the user to save files in one of these formats. Make sure that what you're saving is vector graphics and not a bitmap. Please also include the original data for any plots. This is particularly important if you are unable to save Excel-generated plots in vector format. Saving them as bitmaps is not useful; please send the Excel (.xls) spreadsheets instead.
Photographs should be high-quality – with resolution no lower than 300 dpi.
Pack all figure files into a single archive (zip, tar, rar or other format) and then upload on the magazine web site.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in PDF document file format.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Article Requirements, which is found in Online submissions.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.